UPCES students can apply for a variety of internships related to their field of study or personal interests. In doing so, students gain valuable and practical experience outside of the classroom.
We currently have internships available in the following businesses, institutions, and organizations in Prague:
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- WEB PROGRAMMING
Firefly is an internationally known marketing and branding design firm. Their wide array of clients includes Marriott, Samsung, and the U.S. Embassy. Interns can gain experience with Firefly by assisting with projects in the realms of both graphic design and web programming.
- TEACHING ASSISTANT
Interns will work closely with the Director to help support the best possible education for the school’s international pupils. This can mean a wide range of assignments including both classroom teaching and work as an organizational assistant. Park Lane will work closely with all interns to assure they receive the on-the-job training they need to grow professionally.
The International School of Prague, founded in 1948, welcomes children in grades K-12 from a large variety of countries. Interns can lend a hand in elementary classrooms, assist in after-school sports clubs and tutorials, or may even suggest new projects which match their skills and abilities. The purpose-built campus in Prague 6 provides a sunny and spacious facility that is the best in the region.
- INSTITUTE ASSISTANT
CEELI is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of legal education headquartered in Prague. Its mission is to develop an international, professional community of reformers committed to the rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, the Institute works with judges and legal reformers in countries in transition to support the continuing development of market economies and democratic institutions in addition to building a respect for human rights.
- DEVELOPMENT/FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT
Transitions Online (TOL) is an international publishing and media development organization. Their mission is to improve the professionalism, independence, and impact of the news media in the 29 post-communist countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the former Soviet Union. This internship provides an introduction to non-profit management, development (obtaining and managing grants), and fundraising.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Helping to write new grant applications
- Editing grant reports by non-native project managers from our coverage region
- Helping to implement an online donation system
- Researching potential new donors
Editing TOL's monthly project newsletter
- BUSINESS AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
This internship provides an introduction to business and marketing practices at an international publisher and training institution, as well as insights into social business and social entrepreneurship. Interns will play a significant role in:
- Assisting on sales and marketing of training courses and Transitions Online magazine, as well as other products such as e-books and special reports
- Designing sales campaigns for magazine and training courses
- Searching for new business
- Executing sales and marketing campaigns (both via personal contact and creating/distributing promotional material) including through social media
- Analyzing campaigns
- Processing sales orders
- Liaising with both potential and existing customers
- Researching for new clients (creating and updating lists)
- EDITORIAL ASSISTANT
This internship provides an introduction to online journalism and international reporting. All of the following would be helpful in the performance of this internship, but are not required: journalism experience (writing and/or editing), experience with new media and multimedia, and regional knowledge of Central and Eastern Europe.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Helping to produce multimedia packages
- Editing a blog on new media/IT developments
- Conducting general and targeted research to enhance TOL's content
- Fielding queries from our network of correspondents and finding new contributors
- Writing background and feature articles for TOL's website
- Monitoring the media in our region and publishing stories using our content management system
Please note: College credit is not granted for internships; they are strictly extra-curricular and are in addition to your regular course load. All internships are unpaid position. Internships may vary from semester to semester. Placements are generally made on a rolling basis.